Registered Charity Number: 1061460
Registered Company Number: 3112177
- Torquay Boys’ Grammar School is one of the finest state schools in the country both in academic terms and in terms of all its other achievements. It regularly competes and excels against the best in the land from both the state and private sector – indeed, it is expected to do so.
- TBGS Charitable Trust is a charity whose main aim is to raise money to support School Development in areas where public money is neither appropriate nor available.
- The Directors of the Trust are representatives of the Staff, governors, parents and Old Boys.
The Charitable Trust’s main sources of income are:
- Termly donations from parents to School Fund
- Registration fees from new entrants.
- Gift Aid from donations made
- Fund-raising events, such as the May Ball
Since it was formed, TBGS Charitable Trust has totally financed or contributed to two all-weather sports pitches, new Changing Rooms and Music facilities and the Centenary Hall, as well as a myriad of other minor projects.
In 2004, the School celebrated its Centenary and a Development Appeal was launched to build a multi-purpose Hall and Theatre, later named the Cavanna Centenary Hall.
The Trust played a full part in supporting this and all monies donated were channelled through the Trust to take advantage of the Gift Aid scheme. This excellent building was opened by the Earl of Wessex in March 2008 and now provides a much-needed facility for both the school and local community.
No organisation can stand still and the development of this School must continue and new projects are in the pipeline, which is why we continue to appeal to parents, friends of the school, alumni and businesses to work with us to realise our ambitions.
Without that support we will not be able to maintain the very high standards of which this school is justly proud.